And the kids had a blast! We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and s'mores, and kicked around some balls. Then it rained so we had to come inside for a bit.
The kids thought it was hilarious to run toward the tent and jump through the doorway, then jump back out and run to the end of the yard. They did it several times, although they couldn't quite clear the lip at the bottom of the entrance to the tent, so they tripped over it every time.
We read books in the tent, then put B in his crib, and layed with Ana for a little while so she wouldn't be scared, and then collapsed on the couch to watch a movie before we joined Ana outside in the tent.
But uh, she never went to sleep. I think she was a little overly excited to be in the tent, and a little scared to be out there by herself, but either way she just layed there forever, singing, playing with toys, standing on the porch watching us through the windows, until finally we just brought her inside and let her watch our movie with us for a little while. We finally put her down in her own bed so she would just go to sleep.
And we watched "Pretty in Pink" if you were wondering. One of the best 80s shows ever. I forgot how good the soundtrack was. But it made me remember how much I love Boy George songs.
So we didn't actually sleep in the tent, but it made for a fun night. And we still woke up and ate our "camping breakfast" inside the tent for fun (donuts and bananas).
And just so you know, we brought the tent inside and set it up in the basement to dry because it rained a little over night, and it was wet. And Ana slept inside the tent Saturday night. In the dark basement, all by herself, and didn't wake up once. I was really proud of her. I think I would be scared to sleep in our dark basement alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment