This morning I woke up around 7:20 a.m. and felt rested. That almost NEVER happens. No wait, that NEVER happens. I felt so rested, that I got up of my own accord, and not because a crying child needed me to go get them (Benji), or because another child was in my bed playing toys on top of me until I woke up (Ana). I got up on my own, and got to talk to Thad (alone) for a few minutes before he left for work. That was nice.
And then the kids woke up. They were both pretty cute this morning. That's usually when they're at their cutest. All wide-eyed and bushy tailed. They make it hard for Thad to want to leave for work. But he always does, usually with both kids waving him out the door. That's a pretty nice sendoff, I'd say.
Well this morning after Thad left for work, I turned my attention to getting the kids breakfast. Benji is always the same. Start with a banana and sippy of milk, and see what he'll eat after that. Usually oatmeal or some cereal pieces. Then I asked Ana what she'd like for breakfast. And she replied, thoughtfully and completely serious:
"Hmm, what's on the dollar menu?"
Haha! I laughed because that comment totally caught me off guard (and came out of left field. I swear we only get fast food like once a month, or every other month).
She's three years old and she already knows that we only order off the dollar menu. Smart girl. When she turns 16, guys will love her!
2 comments:
Tad fell in love with me when I ordered off the dollar menu too! Oh I love that Ana and her funny comments. She is a kick in the pants!
I laughed sooo hard!!! That little girl of yours is a fire cracker.
Post a Comment