Benji finally grew enough hair to have his first haircut!! I did it after his bath, so he was happy, and content to sit in the tub while I snipped a little off the ends. I didn't realize that you need to snip at an angle, so the result is a little uneven but hey, it was my first boy haircut so I can only improve, right?
Thad took work off a couple Fridays ago so we planned to spend the whole day outside, first at the zoo, and then at the park for a picnic and play. But it ended up being too windy and chilly so we called it good after a couple hours at the zoo. It was still fun though (despite B's expression in the pic below). And, once again, I did not pick out Ana's outfit. And I have to say, this is one of her better combinations. We have fights over clothes several times a week. I seriously didn't realize clothes fights would start at 3 years old. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize the drama?? Sundays are the worst.
It was pretty warm early last week so I blew up the pool and the kids played in it forever! Until about 4:30 p.m when was way too cold to be swimming, in my opinion, and they were both shivering from head to toe. And I also found a way to make the water warmer even though it comes out of the hose FREEZING: only put a couple inches in the pool to begin with! That warms up much quicker in the sun, and the kids still have a blast playing in it. And, it's safer for Benji! hahaha. I know when the kids get older, 2 inches will be totally lame but for now it totally suffices.
I made some flash cards for B's walls. I brainstormed and tried a few different ways to do them, including printing and gluing pictures and letters onto the cardstock, but I finally just resorted to free-handing the pictures and stenciling the letters. I'm pretty proud of my free-hand illustrations, though! I printed pictures from clipart and used them as my guides.
3 comments:
My little Laiklie has ALWAYS been a stinker about picking her own clothes. I remember the Sunday Nightmares!! I wanted her to look cute and she wanted to wear a swimsuit under the dress she picked with the snow boots....etc. MISERABLE!! She also told me how ugly her hair was everytime I fixed it. She use to wear JUST tights to town. She was sure they were pants and I was HUMILIATED that everybody could see her undies under them because they were TIGHTS!!! I sure wish I had an tricks besides bribing her that worked. And that actually only worked some of the time. She did out grow it for the most part now and lets me help with outfit choices. Thank goodness!!
I LOVE the flash cards. I am VERY impressed with your drawing skills!!
The outfit meltdowns are common in our house too. Lately I have tried extra hard to just be okay with her outfit as long as it is clean, modest, and not TOO outlandish. But there are still those days where I don't approve-so I have a few tricks and usually out of the three I can convince her to change. 1. I ask her what her favorite part of her outfit is and then give her choices of what will match with it. 2. Before she even gets dressed I ask her lots of questions "Do you want a skirt, dress, or pants" "What color do you want" etc. Then I give her choices from there "this skirt or that one" etc. 3.When the first two don't work I resort to 3. a complete and flat out LIE. I know it's terrible-and I usually only have to do it on sundays when I really care what she is wearing. So if I don't approve of what she picked, I tell her that whatever piece of her outfit doesn't work is dirty. "Sorry babe, it's dirty and needs to be washed-we can wear this another time". I know-it's terrible but on those crazy days I just don't feel the least bit guilty for it!
When we lived in Rexburg, I would get so impatient for summer days that I would carry buckets of warm water from the tub to the pool to get the water bearable for the kids. Brings back memories. BTW I love the curtains you made in his room!
Post a Comment