Apr 28, 2012

We're Finally Finished with the Landscaping

For this year, anyway. And except for our fence. That will be coming soon. But for now, after several long Saturdays of working in the yard, we are done! Now we can relax and enjoy our yard for a week or two until we start the fence and the garden.

I love yard work. It's therapeutic, and satisfying. You know you're working to make your home more beautiful. And it's something that Thad and I enjoy doing together. Plus the kids love playing in the dirt while we work, so, win win.

Before:




  




After:









 We planted trees about a month ago and they look so much better with mulch around them! It's been so warm the past two weeks that they finally started to blossom. I can't tell you how excited I was to see the little buds form, and see the first little flowers bloom! So excited, that I walked around the yard a lot this week, just looking at the trees. And taking pictures of them.


 I can't wait for our rose tree (in the front yard) to bloom into beautiful pink blossoms. I chose it because it reminds me of the Tulip Tree in the backyard of our first home in Ohio. I loved it's fragrant pink flowers. To me, they represented the blossoms and beauty of Ohio in the spring, and the happy, carefree summers of my childhood. And I'm so excited for our Ash tree to turn gold and red in the fall. Hopefully that will help me not get so homesick for Ohio during the Autumn months. I'm so excited to finally have trees!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Carlie Sue said...

I am jealous! My backyard is a huge lot of dirt right now! Seed comes this friday, but I can't wait to post the "after" pictures! :) it looks great, awesome job!

Jen J. said...

I thought your yard looked great before the landscaping but looking at the pics I think it looks amazing now!!! Wanna come do our yard? ;)