Mar 30, 2012

Now I know how my mom felt

 All those times growing up when she tried to put the occasional gourmet touch on our meals and help her children learn to like different foods, or be more well-rounded, or just help her feel a little extra classy after a long day. Because when I tried that this week with Martha Stewart's cost-saving weekly meal plan, my kids turned their noses up at every single meal, like it was foreign food. And I'll admit, it stung a little. And they both went to bed more than once with tummies full of bread and butter, and milk.

Oh well. At least I  got the satisfaction of cooking a successful meal that looks fancy, but also tastes good. Those two don't always go hand-in-hand, unfortunately. Like Wednesday's meal. In the end, everything was cooked and delicious, but for about an hour, I couldn't get the dang chicken cooked well enough and it was a little stressful with 4 hungry people all waiting for their dinner.






I just had to throw this picture in, because this is Ana. Clothes all over the house, and hangers littering her bedroom floor. The girl likes to change clothes! I think this was her fourth outfit change on this particular day. I'd have to say it was my favorite one. The no-pants look is totally hot.
 











No comments: