And, with the help of my dad, built these beautiful shelves for food storage!!! For the first time in 6 years, our food storage is out of those obnoxious boxes and out on display where I can actually see what I have. I love it! The beautiful paint job was done by yours truly.
While Thad and my dad were building shelves, I embarked on another project. Curtain's for B's room. Right now his room looks like blah. It's empty, it's beige, it's boring. But not for long!
I've been searching for an inspiration for Benji's room, and I finally found one. I LOVE the striped curtains!!
But I couldn't find curtains, or material to make curtains like these. So I emailed the girl whose blog this picture belongs to. It turns out, she made these curtains by sewing together pieces of white and orange fabric. Hmmff, that sounded way too complicated to me. Then my sister suggested that I paint the stripes on. Hmm, that's an interesting idea ... I've heard of people doing that before. She said her friend painted stripes on some curtains and they turned out cute.
So, I bought some plain, off-white curtains on clearance from Down East. (Thanks Target for not having ANY plain white curtains in 96-inch length. I went to Down East instead, and saved $5 on much better quality curtains).I taped off the stripes,
And painted away! You'll have to wait to see the finished product until after I get Benjamin's room painted (hopefully tomorrow), so I can hang the curtains. I can't wait to see it all come together!
No comments:
Post a Comment