Dec 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

If I could describe our Thanksgiving in one word, it would be this: full! Our tummies, our house, and our short little weekend with family. And it was fun!

We got to have Lynetta (Thad's sister) and her family here for a few short days, which was really special because they live all the way up in Carnation, Wa, and we don't get to see them very often. And this is the first time that they have come to visit us. So add in their family of four, Thad's parents, his sister Dru (from BYU-I), and our own family of four. And we had quite the full house.

Thursday we spent all day cooking and eating, went for an evening walk to tour some new homes going up around our neighborhood (me and Thad's favorite thing to do). When we got home it was pie time. I made apple and banana cream (with homemade crusts, thanks to Lynetta). Lynetta made pumpkin, and Mom Hymas made chocolate. They were so sweet and savory with freshly whipped cream. I wish I had taken more pictures of them!
Also, I took a few mental notes for the next time we host Thanksgiving dinner. One, make my pies the night before. Don't be lazy. Just do it. I'll thank myself Thursday when my kitchen is crazy full of people chaos and cooking. Two, invest in some nice cookware, like maybe napkins, instead of ripped up paper towells. Maybe a gravy boat and another glass pitcher. Nothing too fancy.That's all.

After we hit a few stores Friday morning and got some good deals, we took the fam downtown to walk around the river and peek in some shops, and we had to introduce Duane and Lynetta to the Snake Bite. It's the best burger place in Idaho; and maybe the nation. It's this small, old building with brick interior walls and local art, and seriously the best burgers with some kind of homemade deli buns. Delicious!!




Lynetta and Thad


Jack, Josh, and Ana. Ana had a blast playing with her cousins


I was searching for some fun DIY Thanksgiving decorations a few weeks ago and found this cute one in BHG. Cute and cheap, two things that are very important to me. When I asked Analyn what she was Thankful for, she said, "The Blankets." I laughed because it was a totally random answer and I'm not sure what blankets she was referring to. But that's what I wrote down, so we can laugh about it when she's older.

The Sunday after everyone left, we decided to take our traditional Sunday walk. Only this time, Thad and I wore our new Black Friday coats. Both were half off. Oh yeah! Ana is wearing her traditional Sunday walk attire. Usually she changes outfits two or three times a day, and when we go on our walk, she either goes in what she's wearing, or she doesn't go at all. So she's got a sundress on, and I coaxed her into some jeans and a hoodie to wear with it. No socks, just boots.



A few minutes into our walk and I noticed Thad's tag dangling from his coat. How embarrassing. He forgot to take his tag off. I told him, and he said he knew is was still on his coat, he just didn't care to take it off. and then I realized that I hadn't taken my tag off, either. Oops. So I started searching for my tag, and I couldn't find one. Which leads me to believe that my coat is used! That explains the two unexplainable black scuff marks on one sleeve. I'm kind of mad that I paid for a used coat that they couldn't even put a tag on. Oh well. At least it was half off. And I got a free fragrance with my purchase. So I guess I shouldn't complain too much:)

Me searching for my tag

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!

I've been trying to track down your address! I have a cHristmas card I would love to send you. Do you still live in Ammon? Hope all is well!

Julie