Aug 25, 2011

Wedding and campout

Dave is married!! We drove straight from California and got to Utah the night before the wedding.







I love this picture of my parents. They look so happy, and so proud. And they should be. They sent three children on missions, and now all five of us have been married in the temple, and are happy. That's an awesome accomplishment, Mom and Dad.



End of a long day



I'm clearly not sucking in here, as you can tell. And why am I always making a weird face when everyone else is smiling normally? Haha- story of my life!



After the wedding we stayed for a day and hiked Mt. Timp. for as far as the kids could last, which wasn't vary far. It was still fun, and beautiful.











Kath and Jason and their fam drove up to Idaho and hung out with us for a few days before the rest of the fam came up. We walked around BYU-Idaho campus, floated the river by FunFarm, near Ashton, and went to the splash park in Rexburg.










The CAMPOUT

When I was a kid, we spent just about every summer camping in Idaho with our cousins. I just remember being cold, cold cold: sleeping in every layer of clothing that I packed, and still freezing. But I also remember the fun of exploring with my cousins. It's been years since we've don that, until now. We got together with some of my dad's family again and camped for a night in Island Park.



So both my kids got sick as soon as my family came. Ana threw a couple nights before the campout, and the night before, poor Benji contracted pink eye and an ear infection. Poor kid. He was snotty and goobery and totally hopped up on meds. And he was busting out a couple of teeth at the same time, so triple whammy. But despite all of that, both Benjamin and Ana both slept the entire night, which was awesome. I slept all right, but we forgot our air mattress, so we had to sleep on the hard, bumpy ground.









It was fun, minus the Friday evening float that NEVER ended. Lo, Jason, Kat, me, and Thad, all rafted down the river on what we thought was going to be a fun, 2-hour ride (or so we were told by the camp site matron). OH, how I wish that were the case! It ended up being a 3 1/2 hour ride, but only because we rowed with our arms for the last 2 hours. It would have been longer, but about an hour into the float realized that the almost nonexistent current was not going to pick up, and we'd better start rowing or we'd never get home. We got a little worried as the sun started to set behind the trees, and the temperature dropped lower and lower. But we finally made it, exhausted, at the fisherman's dock in our camp site. We could barely move by the point because we were so tired, and so cold. Our family had all come to wait for us by then because they were a little worried, too!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sounds like so much fun....I mean, except the arm rowing on the raft!:) You crack me up about not sucking in (like you need too...you funny thing) and your funny expressions being the story of your life. MINE TOO TOTALLY!! I sure have LOVED getting to know you.