We attempted camping again. This time with more style. Last time it was just me and Thad, in Ashton, with a small tent, blankets, and rain. Not fun. This time we hit a sale and bought a HUGE tent, brought more blanket, and had two kids. The tent was sweet, but it was VERY COLD, and there was lots of crying.
Not sure which experience was better. Actually I'm kidding because this time was much more fun. We just aren't huge campers. We camped up in Ashton again, (maybe that's our problem? Haha just kidding Rachel) on Rachel's family's property by the river. It was lots of fun ... we charred the tin foil dinners ... took the kids to Big Judd's ... drank Root Beer, and talked and laughed.
... Until darkness fell. Cam and Rach went back to her mom's house and it was just us. We put the kids down with no problems and collapsed on our air bed. Then it got cold. I mean cold, as in 40. Then Ana woke up and screamed forever and wouldn't be comforted. So of course Benji woke up too. And it was only 1:30 a.m. So we were all up and cold. Thad ended up bunking with Ana in the sleeping bag, and I brought Benji and his ice cold face into the mattress with me, and we all slept under the covers wrapped up in our cocoons, trying to stay warm.
6 a.m. the next morning. Beautiful day. Not beautiful Lindsay. I felt about how I looked.
But watching Analyn and Candice bond so well made all the sleep loss worth it. Those girls are so cute together. They played really hard and totally wore themselves out. And Rachel and I had a good 2-hr heart-to-heart talk. I love those.
Cam and Thad just knew they were going to get this 20-man raft on the car and down the road 6 miles so they could float it down the river. That thing was HUGE! At this point I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work. But watching them struggle to lift the raft onto the car was pretty entertaining.
Unfortunately, the raft wouldn't stay on the car after they got to the road so they had to return it and use a couple tubes instead. There's nothing unsafe about this setup, is there?
Cam and Rachel drove down Sunday and spent the day with us. We had so much fun -- we love you guys! I say this over and over, but good friends, truly good friends are priceless.
1 comment:
love the tent..and ur after morning hair..hehe:) camping w/ kids is not quite so fun, but maybe it will get there again in 10 or so years? Hopefully the family camping trip goes a little better...oh and a little warmer. 40 degrees at night..r u kidding me!
Post a Comment