This is a celebration post. To celebrate all of the annoying, achy, stuffy, popping, more uncomfortable parts of pregnancy that will soon be all over. Things like:
-Plugged ears starting at month 6. All day every day. Darth Vader sound in my head when I breath. Very annoying.
-My Sciatic Nerve. I don't think that needs much explaining. But I will. Man that thing has given me pain this time! It started at 5 months and hasn't really let up. Some days I just hobble around, barely able to walk because one wrong move sends a sharp pain up and down my left side.
-Joints loosening and popping. Ah, this one is my favorite. I love getting up in the morning and feeling like an invalid. The combination of my nerve, my lower back, and a loose pelvic bone makes me very funny to watch on those early morning bathroom trips. Bend over-pop. Straighten out-pop. Sit down on toilet-pop. etc. Lots of hobbling and wincing.
-Lower back and side pain. Only the last month, so really, not so bad. But I had to list it anyway.
-Heartburn. Holy Moly! Didn't have it with Analyn. But this time I've had it bad. I go through 2-4 tums per day!
-No appetite for sweets in the evenings. I know this is for the better, but I can't wait to once again be able to enjoy a thick, smooth, chocolate banana milkshake while reading a book on the couch. A girl's gotta enjoy life, you know!
(Ok, I know I've made it sound like I've had a horrible 9 months, but I actually do have pretty easy pregnancies so all of these things are really just minor annoyances. I really can't complain:)
2 comments:
Go ahead and complain! It is a lot of work gestating! Glad it will be over for you soon!
Oh my word....I laughed so hard at the Darth Vader thing....I have been there and KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!! That is the PERFECT way of explaining it! :) Glad baby Benjamin is here!
Post a Comment