We pretty much just hung out for the short time we were there. My doctor gave me strict instructions to take it easy so I wouldn't have a baby 14 hours away from home. So take it easy I did. I did lots of sitting; sitting at the park, sitting on the couch, sitting at the table and stuffing my face with delicious food, it was awesome. And I read a lot, which I haven't been able to do for some time!
Cali got record rains the week before we arrived. Picture sunny, 70s, and oh so green! A stark contrast to the negative something frozen tundra that we live in here.
Downside of traveling long distances for Christmas: Both Analyn and Thad got really big presents for Christmas this year. That was pretty much their Christmas. And neither of their presents fit in the car to take with us. Actually Analyn's kitchen didn't even arrive in time to take with us. Kind of sad! But they still had fun opening a few smaller presents on Christmas morning. I bought Thad a flat screen TV on Black Friday as a surprise, and it's still at my sister's house in Utah since it's way too big for our car. Ha, didn't think through that one very well did I? But Thad did get to see it when we stopped in Utah for the night on our way down. And he is very excited to some day, somehow, actually be able to watch it in our home:)
My mom made all of my brothers and sisters fleece OSU blankets. It made me realize that up until now, I haven't had ANY OSU paraphernalia in my house to speak of (Besides a sweatshirt)! My dad would be ashamed.
Dru got a sweet Superman Snuggie from her friend's parents. Hilarious, huh?
We bought Thad's parents some Ricks College t-shirts since they both graduated from there. They loved them.
2 comments:
I am glad you survived the drive! How sad about the TV. We are going to SLC on the 14th of Jan with our suburban....if it would fit we could possibly bring it back for you. Let me know!
Good luck with that baby coming any time!!! Excited for you! Thanks for posting the pic. of my aunt and uncle too! I rarely get to see them and that was nice!
Post a Comment