Aug 8, 2010

The Adventures of Pee and Poo

Analyn tested my patience this past week with her bowel tricks. The latest batch of diapers I bought were a little too big and they sagged really low on her bum. So because of that, this week she:

Pooped and it actually FELL out of her diaper, getting smeared into our carpet and kitchen floor.

The next day she was standing in the main part of the shopping cart while I stood in the check-out line at Walmart. Suddenly she said, "Uh-OH!" I looked down and she was peeing all down her legs, through the bottom of the shopping cart, and it puddled and splashed on the floor beneath. Crap! What do I do?? Quick look around, nobody behind me, nobody watching. I grab a wad of wipes out of my purse and begin rubbing her down, rubbing down the shopping cart, and -- another quick look around -- sopping up the puddle on the floor. OK, now do I tell someone that there's pee on the floor? Now there's a man behind me and he can plainly see the wet spot on the floor where I'm dabbing frantically. I decide to do nothing. I pay for my things and walk out of the store embarrassed and disgusted with myself for not telling anyone that there's pee on the floor and in the cart. And people will put their food in it! Which makes me think, how many other parents have done that very same thing? Yuck. Shopping carts are disgusting.

The next day Ana peed all over the locker room floor at the aquatic center, while I was changing her. I tried to wipe it up, but the next day when we walked in for our swim lessons, the locker room smelled strongly of urine. That couldn't have just been from one little girl, could it have??

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We call the ones that fall out of the diapers "rollers". Sorry, mothering comes with its fair share of potty bits!!!

Jessica said...

Linds, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was hilarious! I know, I know... my time is coming...