Jul 15, 2010

Life Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

Greetings from Ohio! I've been with my fam for a week now, and I've got another week left. I LOVE it here. It's so green and lush and beautiful, with trees lining the horizon for as far as you can see. If only it weren't for that dang humidity. It's been about 90 degrees and 100% humidity every day since I got here. Despite that, we've still found a way to enjoy the outdoors. It's been great to hang out with our little brother Dave who just got home from his mission. He's the same old Dave, but he's grown and matured in a way that only a faithful and righteous mission can produce. I love my family; we've had so much fun together. Except we miss Steve, who stayed in Utah because his wife just had her baby!

Last week we drove up to Mohican State Park Resort, and rented a pontoon boat for the day. We went water skiing, tubing and wakeboarding, and spent the night in the lodge; staying up way to late to play games and laugh. It was a blast.

Grandma Monk with Brenton





Ana was deathly afraid of our boat for the whole 4 hours we had it. She screamed and clung to me for her life pretty much the whole time, poor thing. And she all but freaked out every time my dad revved the engine to pull a water skier up and on top of the water.




We're usually pretty normal people ... usually


Velvet Ice Cream Factory



My dad cut out some holes in a huge box and Ana and Brenton love playing in it and poking their heads of the holes in the top


The kids were too scared of the sprinkler, so we resorted to this. They loved it -- soggy diapers and all


Nothing like croquet in the front yard. I even the won the first game! I never win!


Life doesn't get much better than this, does it? I wish Thad could be here to enjoy it, too!






5 comments:

Jen J. said...

I love that shirt of yours with the black and yellowish flowers. So cute! It's great you got to spend time with your family ;)

Erika said...

What a fun time! Vacations with families are the best! And I can't believe how big Analyn is!

Jenny said...

Good for you!

Genessa said...

Glad that you guys are having a good time. I am sure your husband is missing you like crazy!

Emily said...

looks so fun and relaxing!