Yesterday I finished reading a book; not for pure leisure or even mild entertainment, but because I've become very interested in the topic, and it applies to most of the important issues of the day. The title was "Applied Economics." It's taken me since October, and I had to check it out it two separate times from the library because I kept exhausting my renewals.
But I was determined to finish it. My house is already littered with books that I've started and never finished. This one would be different. It wasn't a light read that I could just breeze through, like "Twilight." Rather, it's a book that got me thinking, got me asking asking questions, and it opened my eyes to the differences between politics and economics. I love increasing my knowledge, and I love being informed. It's exciting and exhilarating. Especially on matters that will affect our country and my family now and in the future. I'm proud of myself for finally finishing it!
4 comments:
Yea! You have been carrying around that book since Florida. I'm glad you found the time to finish. Good Job!
Way to go! I'm so impressed!
Yahoo for you!
That's a big reason I'm back in school. It's much easier to finish a book when you have a test on it.
Good job Lindsay.
Post a Comment