Nov 17, 2009

The Talent Show

We had a Tacky Talent Show at my brother-in-law's parents' house because they're gone on a mission right now. I will say that everyone was a little hesitant at first. I mean, we don't have that much talent in our family. Just kidding. But after watching all of our acts, I'm pretty sure everyone was loving it. New family tradition? We'll see.

Lori and Jon lip-sinced to Sonny and Cher. Jon didn't look a thing like Cher (sorry, Jon. Maybe it was the afro?) And Lori seriously looked like a man. I almost peed my pants.





Kath, Jason and their family sang "Skin-e-ma-rink-y-dink-y-dink"



Steve and Cami did a little dance to Miley Cyrus. Yup, Steve wore WRANGLERS and DANCED in front of his family. Two things I thought I'd never see in my lifetime. They were pretty darn good, though!



Mom and Dad danced to some Arabian song, but for the sake of their dignity, I didn't publish the picture! But picture head wraps and shawls, a fake camel, and blushing cheeks.

Thad and I read a poem that we wrote that included a line about each member of my family.

OK, so it has been a dream of ours (me, Lo and Kath) to make a music video to the Ukranian song made famous on YouTube a few years ago. If you don't know us very well, we love making silly, impromptu music videos to awesome songs, that no one ever sees. However, doing it in front of an audience was very different! Hence the blushing and laughing. The plan was to do our choreographed moves, and then at the end of the song we'd run out like Napoleon Dynamite. But The song went longer than we had moves so we cut it a little short, and then Kat shut the door on me. Nice.




3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay that is really funny! I was totally laughing. Nice work ladies!

JonandLo said...

I just laughed right out loud!! Hey what we could have pulled out with a bit more of practice..should we audition for "so you think you can dance?" ha! And you're exit at the end is priceless!!

kat and jason said...

jason just walked into the room as i was watching it and laughed out loud. hehe. our next one will be awesome!1!!!!