Sep 17, 2009

My little one-year-old

I can't believe that Ana is almost one! She's not a baby anymore. That would explain her increasing independence, non-stop babbling, and ever-emerging attitude. But seriously, she is the funniest little girl. Since she'll be turning one in a week, I want to document some of her one-ness.

Favorites: bath time; peaches, grapes, mac n cheese, most veggies; pulling lids, pots, pans, tupperware and ziplock bags our of the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen; tearing up magazines and newspapers, playing with the plunger and toilet scrubber, sticking her hands in the toilet, and following me around the house; my favorite thing is that when she gets excited, she shakes her head back and forth really fast and waves her arms.

Least favorites: getting her diaper changed; me taking anything out of her hands; anyone but me touching her after 7 p.m. (when she'd tired and cranky); rice cereal, oatmeal, bottles

Accomplishments: Ana is almost walking! She walks around the coffee table and couch, and stands up against everything; I guide her by the hands and we walk through our apartment every day; she can say mama, dada and occasionally yeah and ba-BYE (bye bye); she can wave, play pattie cake and play peek a boo; she's just starting to like a sippie cup (THANK GOODNESS because she never did fashion a bottle)

New characteristics: She has a little attitude! She throws at least one tantrum a day; A few times a day she gets really excited about something and it's like an explosion of words in a foreign language; ever since she got sick in August, she cuddles with me a lot more! I love it! Also, she has the cutest little giggles and high-pitched screams

Speaking of speaking, Analyn had a lot to say last night right before bed. She got so excited that her face was turning red.



Occasionally Analyn falls asleep with her feet hanging out of her crib. She must like the extra leg room. I think it's funny.



Visiting Dos Lagos with Thad's parents and sister, Dru, last weekend.



While we were at his parents' house, we had a little birthday party for Analyn. She didn't really care for the brownie, but she got some good bites of wax off of the candle before I took it away from her.



5 comments:

Jen J. said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's already one!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how loveable Annalynn is. She is really one of the cutest babies I've seen and I love her temperment. Bella and her need some more playtime. Hopefully, we can get together soon.

Pemberley Court said...

Sooooooo stinkin cute! The kids all watched the video and they cracked up when she answered what she had for dinner!

Rachel, Steve and Jacob said...

HAHA! The video is hilarious, and I love the picure of her legs sticking out of her crib! We sure do miss you guys, hopefully we'll see you sometime soon! Happy Birthday Analyn!!

kat and jason said...

time goes by quickly!! i just read your intern stories...keep them coming they give me a good laugh! tell all your old ones too>:)