May 14, 2009

Time to Sleep



Today is one of the days where I can't wait to put Analyn down so I can get my "stuff" done. Recording receipts, look for plane tickets, look at the bank account, prepare for a board meeting for Primary, etc.

And every stinkin time I lay her in her crib and settle down at the computer I hear a few playful squeals that turn in to tired whimpers, letting me know she's not the least ... yawn ... bit ... rub the eyes ... tired. Then she stays in her crib whimpering until I go in and get her.

I even kept her up an extra hour earlier so she'd take a good, extra long nap. I put her in bed and she refused to fall asleep. Finally I implemented plan C -- nurse her to sleep. It always works. Except I was so tired that I fell asleep for twenty minutes while she ate.

When I woke up, she was asleep, so I gingerly laid her in her crib. Now I was ready to go collapse on my bed for a bit and then get to work, thinking I had at least 2 hours to myself. I tip-toed to her door and closed it quietly, walked into my room, fell into my bed face-first, and the next thing I hear are her cheery chirps. She's had her twenty minute nap in my arms and now apparently she's ready to play. So I haven't gotten ANYTHING done that I was planning for today. Nothing.

"She'll fall back asleep," I tell myself. "Just give her a few minutes."

That was 30 minutes ago. Now I'm tired, haven't gotten anything done, and she's awake:( Better luck tomorrow!

5 comments:

JonandLo said...

She just likes hanging out with you that's all!

Erika said...

She is so darling! She just loves to be with her mommy!

Chemene said...

Nothing like really needing your baby to take a nap, and them not cooperating. I'm sorry your plans didn't work. Hopefully you can still get your stuff done.

Emily said...

Welcome to motherhood Lindsy:)

Unknown said...

Next time, bring her over and rest. We'll keep her company and the girls will totally entertain her.