May 23, 2009

I Ate Dinner with a Very Special Missionary ...




Not many sisters are as lucky as me.

Out of all the hundreds of missions across the world, my little brother got called to the San Fernando Valley Mission, the one in which I live! As if that's not cool enough, his mission president suggested -- no, encouraged -- him to have dinner with me, Thad and Analyn.

So after a few phone calls to make arrangements, we picked him up from his ghetto apartment in the middle of the projects of San Fernando Valley, and took he and his companion, Elder Harris, to dinner at Olive Garden. It was so much fun! Not weird at all. It was like any typical evening talking to my little brother, only he was wearing a short-sleeved white shirt and a name tag.

He and his companion scared Analyn to death. I'm not sure why, but she screamed so hard the whole way to Olive Garden and wouldn't give Dave so much as a smile all night. Little stinker. It was great to see Dave. He is clearly enjoying serving the Lord and sharing the gospel with others. I am very proud of him and love him so much!




3 comments:

Pemberley Court said...

You are soooo lucky to have gotten to do that! Looks like everyone had fun.....hopefully your brother won't hold it against Analyn!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, Linds we want to hear all about it! Dave looks so good and happy.

JonandLo said...

I am jealous!!! He looks great1