Jan 8, 2009

Christmas in Corona

We had a good Christmas.

The annual Hymas ginger bread house contest went well. I got made fun of for putting in a graham cracker floor instead of skittle tile or something of that nature, and I bent the rules a little by bringing in outside elements but hey, I was pretty dang proud of my "snow-covered" tree and backyard "shrub." Thad's house was, of course, the most structurally sound. He is in construction, you know. It's not really about the houses though, it's the candy you put on the houses. Oh did we eat a lot of candy ...





We acted out the Christmas story on Christmas Eve, which is also a tradition in my family. This year it was only me, Thad, and his little sister, Dru. Now you may think that a 16-year-old, a 24-year-old and a 26-year-old would have grown out of the whole dramatization thing, but you're wrong. Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit like driving around looking at Christmas lights and dressing up like Mary and Joseph in old sheets and blankets! Dru was an angel, his mom was a shepherd and his dad narrated.




Analyn opening her first Christmas present. She was pretty excited, as you can see.


The Mission Inn in Riverside.

4 comments:

Janell said...

I just can't belive you didn't do the famous skittle tiling, even M&M's are pasable. It looks like you guys had fun. janell

Williams Family said...

I like the gingerbread houses. Good Job!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks fun. Are you coming out at the end of the month?

Emily said...

So Lindsay is your's a vegetarian gingerbread house? I'm kidding it's cute.
It's really sad how much each of us Hymas's still get into gingerbread houses.