Dec 8, 2008

Thumb



A pacifier didn't meet the test,
I tried Nuk and all the rest.
Then what could calm my Anna down?
I knew the answer would be found.

She found her hand, and sucked her fist,
For weeks she searched and still she missed.
She tried each finger, one by one
'Til finally Analyn found her thumb!

So now when things don't go her way,
She turns and sucks her cares away.
Her slender little thumb she sticks
Into those tiny, soft pink lips.

9 comments:

Sabra said...

That is so cute!!!!!!!

Madison sucks her two middle fingers.

Schows said...

Adorable!

Brooke Monk said...

That was the cutest poem! You're so creative, and Anna is absolutely precious...

Emily said...

Babies are so sweet. You can post about her as much as you like!

Pemberley Court said...

Hello! That is so dang cute! You are such a great poet!

tabchoirfam said...

What a darling poem! That should be saved for her baby book!

kat and jason said...

oh my gosh---that is the cutest funniest thing i've ever seen! ADORABLE.i love the video---and cool poem you little hemingway!

Anonymous said...

Really cute Linds. She is getting so big- I love it. Hopefully, we will see you guys soon.

JonandLo said...

love it love it! I'm glad she has found something she uses to calm herself down. The video is adorable!