But we had fun with my family the 3 days we were there. We saw the water show at the Bellagio and walked through the autumn display in the Conservatory and Botanical Garden. It was cool!
I also found out some cool things about my niece, Ashlyn, during the holiday. First, she learned the Pledge of Allegiance in preschool and is pretty dang good at reciting it:
And second, she is a whiz at Wii. We gave her a controller, told her "just move your hand up and down really fast," and she unleashed some stinkin sweet moves. She beat me at tennis.
Friday night was a "girls' night out" of sorts, and me, my two sisters and my sister-in-law all went to hit some sales at the mall and to see "Twilight." I brought Analyn with me because she doesn't take a bottle just yet. So she fell asleep while we shopped, she slept through all of the movie previews, and of course she woke up a moment before the movie started. Yes, the opening scene of the movie was met with her unhappy, echoing cry. So I rushed her out of the theater before I was mobbed by all of the teeny-boppers who had been waiting anxiously for months to see this movie.
I spent the rest of the movie in the hallway trying to get Analyn to fall asleep. A security guard took pity on my and gave me two free tickets to any Rave theater -- which I can't use because there aren't any around here. Oh well. I got some cute slippers and two new shirts (at good sales prices) out of the evening. And a detailed movie review from my sisters.
We rounded out the vacation with the flu. I got hit Saturday morning around 3:30 a.m. (I'm really sorry about your carpet, Kath), Lori got sick shortly after me, and Thad came next. But all in all, it was a fun weekend!
4 comments:
You drove for so long to get to vegas and we didn't even get to see you...but we didn't get the flu either. NEXT TIME you come to vegas stop by and VISIT.
Your Niece is so cute! I think the worst place to get stuck in traffic is Vegas! Sorry! Im glad you had fun though.
Oh no! That is too bad. I always get sick at Christmas and Mike says "it wouldn't be Christmas if Elaine doesn't get sick!
Post a Comment