Oct 7, 2015

Happy Birthday Ana

Technically this fall Analyn turned 7, but I swear this summer she aged 10 years. It feels more like 6 going on 16. She was my saving grace when I had Blakely. I mean really, I couldn't have gotten through the summer without her. She woke up, listened for Jane to wake up, got her out of her crib, poured cereal for everyone, turned on a show after breakfast, and just took care of the younger kids until I woke up in the mornings. After lunch I would put Jane and Blakely down for naps, then crash on my bed. Once again, Ana would listen for Jane to wake up, then go get her out of her crib again. She took the younger kids outside to play, got them snacks when they were hungry, got me diapers and wipes when I needed them, and even started changing Blakely's diaper for me. She even changed Jane's diapers a few times.

Anyway, this mature, positive, mothering, sassy, kind, righteous, inquisitive, smart, girl of mine turned 7. She finally settled on a jewelry party (first it was a mermaid party, then bunny ...), so we invited school and church friend and make friendship bracelets, necklaces, and played pin the jewel on the necklace. The girls had fun. They ate cake and had a scavenger hunt to find the jewels for their necklaces. The friend party was followed by her birthday dinner on her actual birthday. She requested chicken taquitos, Spanish rice, fruit salad, and chips. Done! And might I add, delicious!



We found that although Blakely wouldn't take a pacifier (no surprise there, NONE of mine have), she would suck on Ana's--and only Ana's-- finger. It must be the perfect size. This picture was so sweet; Blakely was crying in her basinet so Ana picked her up and offered her finger, and Blakely sucked vigorously then fell asleep in Ana's arms



 
 
Ana changing Janes -- ready for it?  POOPY diaper!! What a saint, right?? I mean, daughter of the year, best six-year-old ever award!
 



jewelry party with friends


No comments: