Sunday was a good, relaxing day. Well, after the program practice that is. That part was crazy and stressful. I was the only presidency member there on the first day of practice. I had no idea what I was doing. The beginning was a little rough and probably awkward because when I'm nervous I get awkward. But after about 20 minutes I loosened up and it went more smoothly. Soooo glad that the president (Shawna) will be back to take over next week!!
Yesterday we took the kids to the park early, before the sun and heat got too overwhelming. Thad found some new work pants and socks at the mall after that. And as always, I find myself yelling things at the kids that must sound pretty weird to strangers. Things like, "Guys, please don't play with the mannequins!"
Ana volunteered to give the lesson for Family Home Evening. She taught us about temptations, and we watched a scripture video from "The Mormon Channel." She had a scripture to share, and a personal experience. She explained that when she's eating Lucky Charms, she likes to take out all of the marshmallows and save them for last, but sometimes when she's taking them all out, she's tempted to eat one. Love that girl. She did a great job. She also invited us to share our testimonies, which we did. I told the kids that Heavenly Father loves us so He gives us tools to help us overcome temptations: prayer, scripture study, obeying, having FHE and going to church, things like that will help us to resist Satan's temptations. And if we do give in and make a bad choice, we can repent and start over. Thad and I are constantly proud of Analyn and her righteous desires.
Blakely continues to be the skinniest of our children. Thankfully she (like the other 3 kids) is a very a mild-mannered, pleasant baby. She just fell asleep on my lap as we speak:)
Jane continues to fight us on sleep. Getting her down for a nap take about an hour. Getting her down for bed at night takes several. So we get a lot of the following lately:
| 3 a.m. sleeping in front of the bathroom in the upstairs hallway. |
No comments:
Post a Comment