Sep 4, 2014

POOP

It's 11 p.m. I just spent the last 40 minutes scrubbing poop. I was in the office finishing up a month and a half's worth of receipts (I'm to the middle of Aug, almost done catching up), when Benjamin decided to wake up, open his door, walk back into his bedroom, pull down his diaper and pants, and poop on his bedroom floor. Not solid poop, but wet, loose poop that drips and splatters. I walked into his room to see what was the matter, and found him standing naked in the middle of his floor. I didn't know he had pooped, so I walked him to the bathroom. He said he had to poop, so I helped him onto the toilet. It was then that I noticed the poop on his leg, and I followed a trail of glops all the way back to his room. Then I smelled the gross fumes. It was everywhere. His rug, splatters on the floor, all over his blanky, drops on some clothes that were on the ground ..... this comes after I scrubbed his poop off of Jane's floor earlier this evening, and Thad scrubbed his poop off of the bathroom floor downstairs. And several times more than that over the last 2 weeks. I've washed their bathroom rug (the cute blue chevron rug that I bought when we put our Idaho house on the market) twice in the last week because he keeps getting poop on it. Bathroom rugs aren't meant to be washed (It's starting to fray all around the edges). But their not meant to be pooped on all the time either, so ...

I cannot express how frustrated with, and mad I am at that boy right now. I just want to scream at him until I'm blue in the face. But I know it wouldn't do any good. It's been a full year since I potty trained him. A full year of accidents, underwear, then diapers, then underwear, then back to diapers. I gave up after like 4 or 5 months of him having accidents in his underwear, and just went back to diapers full time. I figured why stress about it; he's clearly not ready so I'll wait until he's ready. That was almost a year ago. Since then, there have been several times that he's begged to wear underwear again, so I get him all pumped up to stay dry and I give him incentives, then see if he can do it. And every time it ends up in failure with him staying dry for one day then going back to his old ways of peeing in his pants several times a day. And in the last 2 weeks for some reason, he has had so many pooping incidents. I am done with poop. I'm sick of looking at it and smelling it and scrubbing it. I'm seriously at my wits end with this child. I haven't the slightest idea what to do about him. I've prayed about it too. Nothing. Tonight out of frustration I threatened him that if he poops on the floor one more time, he's going to spend the whole day in the bathroom. I wasn't joking. Too mean? I don't know, right now, that option is looking very tempting. At least the bathroom tile is easier to clean. And at this rate, I don't know if he's going to be able to go to preschool next year because he's probably not going to be potty trained by then. He's almost 4 years old. Four-year-olds don't wear diapers and poop in their pants. That's ridiculous.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh man!! That sounds horrible. I won't complain that my almost 3 year old refuses to poop in the potty and poops like 5 times a day in her pull up. I HATE cleaning up poop. You sound like you handled it really well. I would probably be so mean! Good luck. I hope that he stays accident free from here on out!