Oct 3, 2013

New Things

I made homemade granola for the first time. Thad's sister, Lynetta, makes it and I tasted her recipe at Thad's mom's house and am officially hooked. I am never buying granola again. What a waste of money! It's cheap and easy to make, and soo, sooo good!!!



At the beginning of the summer I wanted to buy a cheap picnic table to fix up and enjoy all summer. But after a month of watching craigslist with no luck, I gave up and we decided to make one. So naturally, it 4 months went by before we actually got around to making it:) I think Thad was a little overwhelmed because he's never made one before. Makes sense. But after he made it he realized how not hard it was (once he'd figured everything out).



I couldn't decide if I wanted to stain it and keep it classy and timeless, or paint it a fun, summery color. The fun summery color won out in the end. But as far as paint v. stain, I got the best of both worlds. Sherwin Williams will tint a gallon of stain any color you want. So it looks like paint, but seals and ages like stain; so it won't chip and weather like paint will! And I won't have to sand it down to repaint!



1 comment:

Carlie Sue said...

the table looks AMAZING and what great news about the paint/stain! I'm going to utilize that in the future!