Jul 26, 2012
Swim Lessons!!!
The first day of swim lessons was a little tramatic for Ana, as you can see above. It was her first year on her own (we did Mommy and Me lessons a couple years ago). She was so excited as we waited in line, but when her teacher read off her name to come and join his class, she realized it was a boy and not a girl, and I think that, coupled with the fact that they make the parents sit outside the fenced-in area made her freak out a little bit. She clung to me by the edge of the pool for a couple minutes, until finally her teacher told me it would be easier for me to just hand her over and leave. I agreed, and did. She screamed, and then cried, and then sniffled and whimpered, the entired 30 minutes that first day. I felt a little guilty taking pictures of her while she was going through such a scary experience, but I knew she would get over it. The little girl in the pink, the one being held by the assistant in the yellow suit, also cried the whole time. Her mom and I have become pretty good friends these last two weeks!
There was a little bit of crying the second day, and then she was fine. Now she loves her teachers, and I love swim lessons. They are the epitome of summer. We get up early, swim, play on the playground, get sno cones, then go home feeling sticky, happy, and a little sun-burned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment