This morning, however, not so fun. We arrived at our ward building early, got good seats in the front, and sat quietly while we waited for the broadcast from Salt Lake City. The kids read books and played with toys, and I got to read my scrips on my phone for a few mintutes. Then as soon as the broadcast started Benjamin went into crazy mode. He whined and cried the whole time; we couldn't keep him quiet for more than a few minutes at a time. I got lots of annoyed looks from the gentleman in front of us, who's own two grandchildren were sitting quietly, like perfect angels. So Thad and I took turns taking B out into the hallway.
Towards the end of the meeting, Ana had had enough of sitting quietly herself, and she wouldn't stop talking in that high-pitched, sing-song voice, with her toys. Despite several warnings that if she didn't whisper, we would go into the hallway and sit with no toys. Finally I took her out and Thad and I listened to the last 10 minutes of conference from a classroom off of the foyer. We sat on chairs near the doorway, trying with all our might to keep from yelling at the kids, who were just running around the room happily, unaware of our complete frustration.
So not quite the spiritual experience we were hoping for, but it turned out to be a great rest of the day nonetheless. Benjamin took a nap and Thad turned on a church video for Ana so we could sleep. We played outside in the Sun, and played duck goose in the house. You can' stay mad at these kids while watching them play duck, duck, goose.
We ate lasagna for dinner and then went to my parents' house for ice cream and a walk. So all in all, it turned out to be a pretty good day! And I think I managed to write down a few notes to take from conference ...
2 comments:
We had the best set up for Stake Conference...surprisingly! We sat in the Relief Society room. The seats were great, the kids had room to color and play. Tad and I were so surprised and since your my friend I thought I would share our new found secret to stake conference. Sounds like you guys had fantastic intentions though. The night out to ice cream was really fun. We will have to do that again. Makes me feel young!
So we didn't get 3/4 of the broadcast...we had video but no sound most of the time. The spanish feed was working however, so they had one of the spanish speakers come in and translate-but not very well. Oh, and the ONLY place to sit was clear up on the stage, crammed in the back and it was BLAZING hot. So, needless to say our sunday session of stake conference wasn't a spiritually uplifting experience either! We need to get together sometime by the way...
Post a Comment