We had a good Easter this year. Except Saturday we tried to go to the Baby Spring Fling at Bonneveille High School, and they must have gotten the information wrong in the paper, because there was no spring fling. Only a few other confused-looking people in the parking lot. And poor Ana sat in the back seat of the car with her Easter basket all ready for an Easter egg hunt. So Thad and I stopped back at home, grabbed our plastic eggs, and had our own easter egg hunt at the park.
Saturday evening we died Easter eggs. Throughout the day, every time I talked about dying eggs though, Ana would ask, confused, "the eggs are dying?"
Thad's egg
Sunday morning was great, for the most part. We hunted for our baskets and played with the kids. Thad and I talked to Ana and Benji about Jesus and what it means to be resurrected. I know Ana just soaks these lessons up like a sponge. I love how teachable she is right now. But I did get a little frustrated with her stubborness when it comes to letting me dress her and do her hair. I thought I would have a little more say over her outfit on Easter Sunday, of all days. I even prepped her by saying, "Since this is such a special day, let's do your hair really special. Maybe we can curl it really pretty?" Nope. She screamed and screamed when I coaxed her into my bathroom and plugged in the curling iron. I even bribed her with candy. But she scurried into the corner of our closet and hid behind our laundry basket, crying. Why is she so terrified of the curling iron? I've assured her several times that I've been curling my hair for 15 years now; I'm a pro. Feeling my blood pressure rising at her stubborness, I then told her fine, we'd do her hair straight, but she had to wear her jean jacket over her dress because it wasn't modest the way it was. That was met with more screaming and crying. Her jean jacket is so dang cute, and NOT cheap, and she never wants to wear it for some reason. After trying to force it on her with no success, then trying a few other shirts that didn't match underneath, I resigned to a plain white, too small shirt underneath.
After that whole ordeal I was in such a bad mood that the next half hour passed with little talking and lots of tension in the air. Finally I realized that I was ruining everyone's morning, and poor little Ana was sniffling and moping around sadly. So I apologized to her for getting mad and promised her that I would be happy for the rest of the day. After that, our day went much better! (Except for when I forgot to set out the rolls to rise until right before church, which made us late, and then I dropped my phone as I was getting into the car, and the glass shattered, so now my touch-screen doesn't work:( Let's just say, once we got to church, my day dramatically improved!
Mom and Dad came over for dinner, and we did an easter egg hunt in the backyard and took a walk afterward. I have so many more cute pics but my stinkin photo program isn't working right now so I can't open it. But here are a few pics. Sorry some of the pics are sideways because I can't get into my photo program to turn them.
Hope everyone had a great Easter!
1 comment:
Super cute pictures! I have been there done that on the bad mood sunday because of little girls and their hair and outfit! :( If Ana is just scared of the curling iron and not the curls :) you should try the foam pink curlers they sleep in. Maybe she would like those. I love her Easter dress and would have never noticed the too little white under it! Super cute family!!
Post a Comment