Like on Saturday evening. We were having family scripture study and in the middle of Thad reading, Ana raised her and and said she had an announcement. (I have an "anncment", is what she said) I think she got scripture study confused with family home evening. Anyway, we humored her and let her give her announcement, which was "the scriptures are really special, um, the scriptures are very sacred."
Hehe. So we finished reading about Angel Moroni appearing to Joseph Smith and telling him where the brass plates were deposited, and what information was recorded on them, and about the urim and thumim, and translating.
Then I asked the fam, how can we relate this to our family? And Ana raised her hand (funny) and answered, "um, we could make a craft?"
Hehe. Which brings me to the next thing. Ever since Christmas, Ana and I have been doing lots of "crafts." I put it in parenthesis because I used to hate that word. It just sounds like a Mormon Mom term. But I do enjoy doing "crafts" with Ana. And as much as I dislike the word, I say it all the time now. And thanks to Pinterest's inexpensive DIY ideas, I get excited to decorate the house for every holiday now. And each time, I say to Ana, "Do you want to do some crafts?" And usually she gets excited and says yes.
So for Valentine's Day, we've done this,
and this ...
and I'm planning on making these, too ...




2 comments:
I seriously laughed out loud when I read why you don't like the word, "crafts". So true!!!!! :D
Looks like so much fun. I love crafts too, but i don't have a kid to blame it on. don't be scared. embrace it :) haha.
Post a Comment