Oct 17, 2011

Little Chef


 

I attended a relief society meeting a few months ago where one of my friends put on a presentation about more meaningful family dinners. She has her boys help cook dinners. She gives them food and utensils and lets them go to town. And she doesn't care if they make a mess, because they're having fun spending that time together.

I left that evening feeling so inspired to try that at home. So I did, and I discovered two things: one, Analyn loves to help me cook, and two, it's a good distraction from tormenting Benjamin when she gets bored and hungry during those cranky, pre-dinner hours.

I hope I've started a new tradition that lasts for a long time. I don't care if my kids always help me cook, per say. I just love the idea of having them in the kitchen with me, talking to me one on one. It's a good time to ask them questions, listen, and get to know them better.


  


 

Before



                                                                  After

2 comments:

MattandNikiJ said...

What a great idea!

Natalie said...

I LOVE the post, but I want the recipe even more....is that bad? :) Will you post how you do it on the family website, PRETTY PLEASE. It looks super yummy!!