Jul 3, 2010

Races

Thad is running a marathon in August and as part of his preparation he has participated in a couple of races so far. He ran the Scenic River Race in mid June, and "To Bone and Back" a week later. So far, I stink as his photographer.

So this is the Scenic River 10K Run. Here's how pathetic I am. I waited 45 minutes for Thad to run. I got in position near the finish line 5 minutes before he came around the last corner so I could make sure to capture the perfect pictures of him crossing the finish line. He rounded the last corner really booking it. I tried to snap a picture. My camera shuts off. What?! I turn the camera back on, Thad's almost to the finish line. I try to snap another picture. Instead I accidentally turned the setting to view pictures instead of take pictures. I moved the setting button back. I look up, and Thad's done. Seriously???? I waited 45 min. to get THIS picture and then I miss it? I am the worst person to bring to a race! I was so mad at myself I could have cried. At least I got a couple other pictures during and after the race. But I seriously need to shape up before his marathon in August. I should probably hire two or three other people to take pictures too, in case I blow it at the finish line again.

Starting off


Half a mile left

Just finished. 34th out of 99 people if you were wondering. And for every city race he runs we get a free loaf of Great Harvest bread. So I say, by all means, KEEP RUNNING honey! As many races as you want!



To Bone and Back. It was a 40-mile race. Most people had teams of 8, with each person running 5 miles, but some crazy people ran the WHOLE THING. Can you imagine running 40 miles? That's 2 marathons put together. Those weird people are called ultra-marathoners. Thad participated in a team of 8.



What a beautiful day! Unfortunately I wasn't there b/c Thad planned to call me before his turn to run, but he got all the way up in those hills and didn't have cell phone reception. So he called me right after he finished. I was kind of bummed that I couldn't redeem myself from the last race by taking great pictures, but at least his teammates brought their cameras!



3 comments:

Sabra said...

Way to go Thad!!!

Is he going to run the Mesa Falls Marathon? If he is, call me! We will go support him. That would be fun.

Funny about the camera incident. Sounds like the kind of luck I would have too :)

Natalie said...

People that run amaze me!! I had a few friends run in the Bone and Back race too and I even thought the 5 miles sounded crazy! The bread on the other hand sounds super yummy! I would be the same way....run all you want aslong as you are bringing home the bread!:)

Jenny said...

Go Thad! Run to Salt Lake, bring bread! (We'll help you eat it. :) One of Jacob's scout masters is a runner, one morning at scout camp, the boys woke up to get breakfast and found that this fellow had run 30 miles already that morning. I am amazed people can run so far!