Camel
My cousin Brooke and her daughter, Emily
Well, this would have been a cool picture of the zebras, had I not completely missed the HUGE line of fence RIGHT in the middle of the picture. Don't know how I missed that.
I thought the lions were pretty cool, myself. Felt like I was right there in Africa, on the safari.
See this cute little Pigmy (sp?) Goat? Looks pretty harmless, right? Well, don't be fooled. The little bugger grabbed a hold of Analyn's jacket, terrifying her, and then proceeded to:
Nibble on her dress . . .
... and then my bracelot . . .
And as I tried to get away from him he grabbed my shirt. Goodness! Enough is enough!
But I finally succeeded in getting Analyn to pet one of the goats.
Waiting for one of the otters to venture off of the rocky island and take a dip in the water tank so we could watch.
Ana and Emily throwing mulch in the fake chicken's nest
Mental note: don't wear white jeans to the zoo! I spent a good half hour trying to get red mulch and dirt out of my pants.
I had a fun little climb in this maze when we stopped for ice cream at McDonalds, after the zoo. Analyn ended up getting stuck at the top because she didn't know how to get down. After seeking the help of Emily and two little Hispanic boys to try to coax her out, I had to go in after her. I had to army crawl all the way up to the top, and it was hot and claustrophobic. And way bigger than it looks from the outside! Every time I passed a peekaboo window, I had to giggle a little at what I must look like to the parents on the ground, who expected to see their children through the windows and instead saw me, a grown woman.
Once I found Analyn, we followed the two little Hispanic boys who promised me that the slide down to the bottom was "just around this one corner." Three hot and sweaty corners later, we found the slide, and I came down laying on my back with Analyn on my lap. We also slid down a little too fast for my dignity, if you were wondering. I ended up at the bottom of the slide somewhat flustered, my pants riding dangerously high, and glad to be out!
4 comments:
I've always worried I would have to go in to those crazy slides after one of my kids! Ugh! (Glad you made it out!) And I'll bet those white jeans took some time! What a fun, busy day!
We just made our first trip of the summer to the zoo yesterday. Laiklie (my 3 yr old) was super mad that the Idaho Falls zoo doesn't have a giaraffe (sp?) like the one we went to in Utah last year. We had fun though...like always! The park there by the zoo is super fun too if you didn't try it you will have to when you go back. (not the amusement park....the kids park:))
I LOVE your mcdonalds story...so funny!
Ha ha ha! Your McDonalds trip makes me laugh. I've had to crawl in a little ways but not far. HOw funny.
We've never taken our kids to the Zoo in IF. (what lame parents we are) but when we do I'll remember not to wear white pants. :)
No celeb sightings this time???? LOL
Looks like you had a great time minus the white jeans!!!
Post a Comment